- Linguistic intelligence ("word smart")
- Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
- Musical intelligence ("music smart")
- Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
- Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
- Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")
- Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
I've mentioned before that I don't have a "science mind." I don't even think of myself as having a math mind (though I got 100% in grade 6 math! — thank you, Mr. Welburn).
But for anyone with number/reasoning smarts, these estimated statistics from the Global Humanitarian Forum have got to make an impression — on your heart.
ESTIMATIONS OF SUFFERING TODAY:
- Deaths - over 300,000 per year
- Severely Affected - over 300 million people
- Living at Extreme Risk - 500 million people
- Climate Displaced People - over 20 million
- Economic Losses - over US 100 billion dollars
- Deaths - approximately 500,000 per year
- Severely Affected: approximately 650 million people
- Climate Displaced People – more than 75 million
- Economic Losses – over US 300 billion dollars
Even if these estimations are overinflated, off by an order of magnitude, the numbers are still scary.
Unless you have no heart.