[* I've never been a fan of "shoulding" on oneself or others, but the climate change emergency is creating a lot of things we really should do.]
We're in the midst of a deepening, quickening, worsening climate change emergency. You wouldn't know it on a "normal" day in the developed world -- although there are certainly fewer normal days these days.
Anyway, here we are in the midst of this climate change emergency and we're still not talking about it much, if at all. If we want any chance of responding effectively to the climate change emergency, shouldn't we at least be talking about it. A lot?
|Animals don't need to should on themselves because they act on their instincts to protect their young and safeguard their offspring's future. Perhaps we should stop ignoring our animal instincts!|
So the reason you should read -- and share -- this blog every Sunday is that it will give you a new climate change conversation starter each week. (And there are over 500 posts here now, in case you need to stock up for a holiday dinner with your right-wing cousin or climate change-denying uncle.) For example, by coming here every Sunday, you'll get:
• Did you know? material
• Guess what I read! material
• How about this? material
• Holy $#@! material
• You're not going to believe what I found! material
• Confidence-building material (so you'll understand and be able to explain why climate change is an emergency)
• Compassion-building material
• What do you think of this? material
• Hey, this could be good! materialSo, I hope to see you here every Sunday. Feel free to come in your pyjamas, with favourite hot drink in hand. And maybe you could invite a friend!
• Have you heard about this? material
• Perhaps most important, great Facebook comeback material (for when something stupid and inconsequential goes viral)